Lemonade Life

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Merci beacoup!

Thanks to everyone who have commented and emailed me thus far about liking my new blog. I really appreciate the comments and I'm glad everyone (well, at least those who have talked to me- not too sure about the rest of you) likes my writing style. I've gone ahead and shared the love by adding some more links to other diabetes blogs on the 'net.

Funny story:

Last night I was online chatting with a friend of friend and this mutual friend of ours also has diabetes, but the friend I was talking to does not. Confused yet? Anyway, our mutual friend is quite quiet about having diabetes, and I, obviously, am not. So the friend asked, "Do you carry around a sign?" and I said, "No. I have a banner. A big yellow banner with purple sparkly lettering to get attention."

Bring out the banners!



I HAVE DIABETES!!!!!!!


:: trumpets, drums, and other associated racket-inducing instruments start playing ::

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2005 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allison- Great post. Do you mind if I ask--- "do you wear a medical ID bracelet?" We are talking about getting one for our 2-year old.. I know its necessary, though I think it probably isnt for her yet because she isnt really out of our case except at pre-school.. where there is a nurse. Anyway, I ask because I've been kind of viewing that as a "I have diabetes" sign.. in neon (esp. the older she gets)... or is that something that is just critical and not "sign" related?

Dee

 
At July 19, 2005 3:36 PM , Blogger Dane said...

My dad's diabetic. I'm not but have a 50 per cent chance. We'll see how lucky I am.

What do you think of journalism? I'm a recent journalism grad from Mount Royal College, Calgary.

 
At July 19, 2005 6:05 PM , Blogger Allison said...

In response to the comments:

D double e: I don't wear a medical ID bracelet. I use to, but I actually never liked wearing it because I don't like bracelets that slide up and down my arm. I have thought about getting another form of ID but I actually just haven't had time/money to do so... I will eventually, I'm sure. I suppose right now my neon sign is my insulin pump. A lot of people ask me what it is and I always tell them that it's an insulin pump and that I have diabetes. Anyway, a medical ID bracelet is important so I say get one. My doctor hasn't asked or said anything about me not wearing one though, which is probably another reason why it's taken me so long to get one. Maybe I should look into it!

Dane: I love journalism. I just completed the core classes this spring and I will be starting on the Public Relations sequence in the fall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home