Lemonade Life

Monday, November 27, 2006

Oops...

So I screwed up my NaNoBloMo run... and I was doing so well. I'm almost a little heartbroken.

Almost.

I was going to go on and write last night when I went home to drop off my dad's laptop, but then we ended up spending an hour searching for hotels in New York City and Norwalk, CT.

Why were we searching for hotels in NYC and Norwalk?

BECAUSE I'M GOING THERE NEXT MARCH!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just a little bit excited, can you tell?

Details to come much later, but I will be hitting up Norwalk, New York City and Philadelphia.

I originally thought about staying in NYC for the whole six nights. Uh, yeah, not at $180 a pop (and that's on the lower end of things). Sigh.

Anyway, if you're like me and wondering what you should be doing the last weekend of March, you should be planning on coming to NYC/CT to see ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, you know, Kerri, and Violet maybe... and some other people who I think live around there...

I will keep you all posted on the stops for the East Coast Lemonade Tour as they develop. If you'd like to put in a request, please email me.

5 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,

I grew up pretty close to Norwalk, CT and I now reside in NYC (Queens). In terms of managing the cost of lodging, you will definitely save if you stay in the suburbs, but you'll have to trek in via the train to get to the entertainment and other things in Manhattan, so you may wish to plan your schedule accordingly so you don't need to trek in and out. While you're in Connecticut, you may want to get a rental car (it will make life a lot easier).

Don't forget to visit Stew Leonard's when in Norwalk, its a massive supermarket/dairy store that has to been seen to be believed (see http://www.stewleonards.com/ for more info.). Also, keep in mind that the cities and towns in Connecticut are smaller than they are anywhere else in the U.S. except for elsewhere in New England, so don't be afraid of a place in a neighboring town like Stamford, Darien, Westport, or Fairfield. Stamford, in particular, has lots of hotels, including a great Marriott with a revolving restaurant that on a clear day, has a view of the Manhattan skyline.

In NYC, Manhattan is the center of the action, but just remember that fewer than 12% of the city's population actually live there (most live in the "outer boroughs" of Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx). Also, with the PATH subway, you can stay in New Jersey realistically with only minor inconvenience if its less expensive.

Anyway, feel free to write me offline if you have any other questions. Looking forward to seeing you while you're visiting!

Regards,
Scott

 
At November 27, 2006 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Staten Island is also a decent place to stay. Bob and I stayed there - right across the river from the Financial District a couple of years ago when visiting NYC. It was a great B&B - nice people, cool (and very internationlesque) clientele - and just a short ferry ride into the city.

 
At November 27, 2006 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said we, is the whole family Blass going? SWEET DEAL!

 
At November 28, 2006 10:10 AM , Blogger Kassie said...

I'm a Philly girl and would gladly give you where to stay/what to do feedback.

 
At November 30, 2006 8:02 PM , Blogger art-sweet said...

Oh hell yeah, put me on the list.

There are actually some pretty classy youth hostels in NYC. Check out

http://www.jazzhostels.com/locations.html

You can get private rooms, and sometimes even private bath, tho you'll pay more for it.

Let me know if you have any other questions... and I will do my utmost to get down there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home