Lemonade Life

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Post-O-Matic

I swear Memes were invented for people too lazy to think of something to talk about.

(Ripped off from Julia and Kerri.)



Explain what ended your last relationship?
Last relationships? Nothing. Because I've never had a last relationship. Or a current one. But I'm hopeful for a future one.

When was the last time you shaved?
Last night. During the winter I shave about once a week.

What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Sound asleep.

What were you doing 15 minutes ago?

Checking to see if REBA was on (it wasn't, I missed it because I didn't know they changed the time) and showing my parents my new hoodie from Anthrolopologie that I bought for $4. That's right. Single digit. Thank God for a clearance item on sale with an $18 gift card. It was practically free.

Are you any good at math?
No. I haven't taken a math class since my junior year in high school for a reason.

Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
I went with my very good friend, Daniel, who I met at diabetes camp. He went to another high school, but I didn't have a boyfriend or any reasonable prospects at my school, so I asked him if he would come with me. He wore a tuxedo. We went to a nice dinner and just laughed and joked around and then we went to the prom at the Zoo. Yes, we had our prom at the zoo. Unfortunately they didn't let the penguins come dance with us, but I think that would have been pretty funny.

Do you have any famous ancestors?
Not that I'm aware of.

Have you had to take a loan out for school?
Yes, but my parents are paying for college so while I technically took out a loan, I don't have to pay it back.

Last thing received in the mail?
My paycheck from my internship at PGE.

How many different beverages have you had today?
Four. Orange juice with breakfast since I was 85 mg/dl, a Peppermint Mocha at Peet's, a diet soda at Pizza Schmizza and a Thai Iced Tea at some Thai restaurant in Portland.

Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
Of course, but I leave really long ones. I tend to start off with "Hey, it's me" since I'm assuming they saw on their caller ID that I called and I usually do this with people I know. If it's someone I don't know that well I'll say "Hey it's Allison." Then I'll go into this really long rambling discussion of what I want to talk to them, giving them detailed choices or instructions and then telling them to call me, email me, IM me, message me on Facebook or comment on Livejournal (I'm seriously the easiest person in the world to get a hold of). I frequently am cut off by the voicemail lady saying I've run out of time and then I have to re-record the entire message, only faster.

Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
No Doubt and Garbage. 2002.

Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
Of course! Who doesn't? It's classic, it's romantic, it's fun. Oh that's right, Julia doesn't. Loser. :-P

What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Getting my wisdom teeth out. Oh dear God.

What is out your back door?
A huge deck, a waterfall, two lawns, and lots of trees. Yeah, my backyard pretty much kicks ass.

Any plans for Friday night?
I am housesitting for my friend Cori and she lives in Northwest Portland in a very chic neighborhood, so I'm sure I'll find something fun to do.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Makes it all crazy frizzy because Oregon beaches are windy. Like knock-you-down-sideways windy.

Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
Yes. I find them simply wonderful and awful for my blood sugars.

Have you ever been to a planetarium?
I've been to one, in Philadelphia.

Do you re-use towels after you shower?
At school, yes, because I usually forget that I need to get a clean one so I'll use the same one for much longer than is probably hygenic. At home, yes, because my mother yells at me for being wasteful if I don't.

Some things you are excited about?
Traveling, seeing friends and family, meeting someone I respect for the first time, free diabetes products that people send me (more on this later).

What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
I try not to eat Jello because of the gelatin, even though I really like pudding. Ground horsehoofs aside (I'm sorry, that's what it is!), I don't really like the texture so I try to avoid it at all cost. I try to limit my intake of gummy candy as well.

Describe your keychain(s)?
Buffy car key, Groovy Mobile car key, bike lock keys (which I technically don't need anymore since my bike was stolen), house key, a Chinese jade keychain that my friend Jing bought me for my 20th birthday, and a MiniPak keychain from Pump Wear Inc. that holds candy or glucose tabs (see aforementioned list of things I'm excited about).

Where do you keep your change?
A plastic sandwich bag.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
At the World Diabetes Day presentation at Lewis and Clark last Tuesday.

What kind of winter coat do you own?
A tan peacoat from Gap.

What was the weather like on your graduation day?
Sunny and warm, I think. At least sunny, since we have pictures, but I don't recall the temperature. Though technically the ceremony was at night, so by then I imagine it was quite cool.

Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Closed. Emma is not allowed in my room at night because she makes too much noise.

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popcorn is yummy! I hate microwave popcorn, but those buckets are good.

I can't remember who I lost my concert virginity too. It depends what you consider a concert.

I hate jello too, for similar reasons. Curses that all that free foods are yucky.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home