Lemonade Life

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Days Between Friday and Monday

Also known as The Weekend. Which I'm sure you all are just dying to hear about... weirdos...

Things that make me Happy:
  • Sneaking a veggie sandwich, side pasta salad and a Diet Raspberry Iced Tea into the movie theater so I could sit in dark silence for two hours while I watch Wil Ferrall have a ridiculously hilarious "ohmygodIcoulddieatanymoment" crisis.
  • Playing with my kitty, Emma. Who is ridiculously fat and stupid. But cute.
  • Being quite pleased with myself to discover I have outwitted my insurance company into giving me test strips for three months when they think they're paying for one month (I ordered the amount thinking they were giving me boxes of 50. They're giving me boxes of 100). Take that, bitch.
  • Sitting at home watching reruns of Laguna Beach and E! reality TV shows.
  • My pastor, Rick, encouraging us to spend money thoughtfully this Christmas so its spent economically and meaningfully. Then we'll have money leftover to donate to a multi-church offering. Donations will go to a non-profit organizations locally and internationally. Yes, I know it's November. He's going on sabbatical for three months and he won't be here. So we had to do the Christmas sermon now.
  • I found black pants with pockets! Now I can wear my pump at work and not stash it between my boobs. Holy cheese and crackers!!!
  • Volunteering at the Ronald McDonald and playing with a cute baby.
  • Only two more terms until I graduate! TWO MORE TERMS!! YAAAAAAY!!!!
Things that make me Sad:
  • The Cute Baby has kidney problems because her uterus is on the outside of her body. Eeek! She wears a drip of medication to fight infections, somewhat like a pump. Her cord and my cord were identical. So sad... ::sniff:: But did I mention she was a cute baby?
  • I have to work tomorrow. Blech.
  • Drizzle. Rain. Downpour. Wet hair. Squeaky shoes. Damp shirt. Goshdarnittoheck! I HATE the rain. WHY did I have to be born in Oregon?
  • Circling the freaking parking lot at the mall looking for a spot. The sales weren't even that good!
  • Waking up with the set inside me, the tubing attached to the set, but not so much with the resevoir. Ugh. "Why good morning, Mr. 425 mg/dl. How nice to see you."
  • Missing a phone call to play pool at a bar with my friend, Jane because my phone was still on silent from the movie.
  • Only two more terms until I graduate! TWO MORE TERMS!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Also of Importance:

Calling all Young Evangelical Christian Treehuggers! Would you like to take part in saving God's creation? (I'll give you a hint: the answer is Yes). My church is supporting a new initiative called the Evangelical Youth Climate Initiative. Their website states:

Young Christians committed to Jesus Christ are deeply concerned about the degradation of God's creation and about the "least of these" in peril around the world as a result of global warming pollution. We accept our responsibility to examine our generation's role in pursuing solutions, and to consider the impact on our own lives.

They currently have a petition at their website where young evangelicals (teens and twentysomethings, I guess, I couldn't find an age requirement, so probably any Christian could sign it) can show their support towards stopping global warming and other environments concerns. This petition will be delivered to members of Congress in Washington D.C. this Thursday, November 16. If you are a Christian and support saving the world that God gave us as a gift, then I encourage you to visit Evangelical Climate Initiative to show your support.

Thank you!

5 Comments:

At November 12, 2006 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to send that link to my church. That is something I know my Pastor would love to be a part of!

 
At November 12, 2006 10:31 PM , Blogger Keith said...

Allison, thanks for volunteering at the RM House. We stayed at one when my youngest son had back surgery several years ago and it was a real blessing. I'm now serving as a board member at our local House.

I'm way too old to join your treehugger group, but I too believe in being a good steward of what the Lord has given us. Way to go!

 
At November 13, 2006 3:13 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Keith. It was really fun volunteering at the RM House yesterday. I'm hoping to volunteer a few more times before I graduate. It's awesome that you are involved in it too. Ours is beautiful and it's right by my hospital (well, my old one, when I was growing up).

I think there are other things for adults to be a part of with the climate initiative. You should visit the website and see if there is anything you can do.

 
At November 13, 2006 8:21 PM , Blogger art-sweet said...

Cat pictures please?

Can lesbian jews sign the evangelical petition? I do believe in saving the world g-d gave us...

 
At November 13, 2006 8:27 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Cat pictures are coming soon! The flash makes my cat squint her eyes and makes her look like she's puzzled. So I have to wait for a good opportunity to take her picture without the flash. Cat pictures perhaps this Sunday on Sunday Cat Blogging Day.

Also, I looked at the petition again, and unfortunately it asks you to mark that you are a Christian and, while you could lie since it is the internet, you will have to use your conscious about this one. I'd almost prefer that you didn't (I know, I know) because it's kind of a big deal to have evangelical Christians do something like this. We almost never do something that doesn't directly correlate to morals, so I want to see the impact we make just as the Body of Christ. It would be like me pretending to be gay to sign a petition or something. It just doesn't have quite the same effect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home