Lemonade Life

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dependent Much?

Am I the only one who had a mild panic attack this morning upon discovering that Diabetes Headlines and the entire Diabetes Daily website was down?

I think I have become just a smidge too reliant upon that service to keep me connected to the rest of the O.C. I mean, when you have just under two hundred blogs listed in the Diabetes O.C. directory (we have not yet hit 200, trust me, I counted), having a service that tells you exactly which ones have been updated is not only valuable and convenient, it's a bloody necessity!

David! Elizabeth! Please come back from your honeymoon! We neeeeeeeed you!!!

In other news:

Excessive dining out, alcohol and my monthly cycle has my meter average slowly but surely making its way up to 200 mg/dl.

Aside from the medical emergency Saturday morning, the rest of the weekend was quite lovely. I drove up on Wednesday to surprise a friend who was back from college. My car was about 10,290 miles overdue for an oil changed so on Thursday I did that as well as finally buying test strips and Lantus.

I was introduced to two French public service announcements on AIDS and condom use. There's a straight version and gay version.

My friend who works at Portland's concert venue The Crystal Ballroom got us into the Joss Stone show on Friday. Fabulous! Really great show. We stood backstage in the security area and pretended to be security guards when Joss Stone passed by the audience.

I spent most of Saturday watching the Heroes marathon. I love Heroes. The finale was amazing. I cried, a little.

I've spent today and yesterday printing out my senior photo for my graduation announcements and now my tongue tastes like glue. I am never graduating ever again.

8 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 4:25 PM , Blogger Kassie said...

I, too, am lost without diabetesdaily.com!

 
At May 22, 2007 8:40 PM , Blogger Ernie B said...

it broke!

 
At May 22, 2007 11:43 PM , Blogger ..M.. said...

You are not alone! I normally surf the list daily from the links on the side of my blog, I've actually had to resort to (*gasp*) bookmarks and other people's lists.
Hurry back David & Elizabeth!

 
At May 22, 2007 11:45 PM , Blogger ..M.. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 23, 2007 5:07 AM , Blogger Val said...

I am in complete withdrawal - I keep clicking on the link, hoping it will magically work. Enough honeymoon, David & Elizabeth - we need you here!

 
At May 23, 2007 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in denial!
I am still trying it every couple hours hoping it will magically fix itself! :(
Now it's just a guessing game looking for updates - Kerri (yes), Allison (yes), Scott (not yet), George (yes - you tube tuesday), me (not except tinkering with my template)...

 
At May 23, 2007 9:16 AM , Blogger Ernie B said...

it could be as simple as restarting the server, maybe their home had a power outage. I have learned one thing for sure, get email address so we all can email each other in the event something like this happens again. Dependence on a group like DD is quite high and we dont realize how much until the site crashes!

 
At May 24, 2007 12:39 PM , Blogger Ernie B said...

tongue like taste like glue, well why didnt you use a sponge! has the same effect as licking! anyhow DD is still down.. think someone needs to call ATT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home