Lemonade Life

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sometimes, You Just Need Two Posts in One Day

Like when you get a job on the East Coast!

Exclamation mark times infinity!

I've been offered a job as 'New Media Coordinator' (or some such title) at MWW Group, which is located just across the Hudson in New Jersey.

And, yeah, I'm going to take it.

I start on June 4.

Which gives me exactly six weeks to: pack up, move belongings to Portland, prepare belongings for shipping, fly across the country, find an apartment, actually have belongings shipped, buy furniture, figure out if I need a car (::crosses fingers that I don't::) and basically organize my life.

First, I just wanted the preparation for New York to be over so I wouldn't have to worry about getting interviews.

Then I wanted the New York trip to be over so I wouldn't have to do the interviews.

Then I wanted the waiting period to be over because I didn't want to wait to hear back from anyone, I just wanted to know if I got a job.

Now I want this part to be over with because I don't want to go through the stress of actually moving and finding an apartment in a state that I've been in for exactly 24 hours. I just want it to be done already.

I'm hoping the trend will stop after this.

Bryant Park
Originally uploaded by amblass.

I think it's pretty safe to say we'll be celebrating my 22nd birthday in NYC.

You might want to go ahead and put the first weekend of August on your calendar.

21 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 5:48 PM , Blogger LORI said...

Holy crap, Allison! That's awesome, congratulations! Sounds like it's going to be a busy few weeks, but don't worry... it'll all come together. :)

 
At April 24, 2007 6:15 PM , Blogger George said...

CONGRATS MY FRIEND!! I will miss you on this side of the country tho.

 
At April 24, 2007 6:24 PM , Blogger Bernard said...

Allison

I'm excited about your job. And I'm sure you'll love the east coast (having lived here 20+ years, I'm getting used to it).

Best wishes for a smooth move. And congratulations on the job.

 
At April 24, 2007 6:42 PM , Blogger mel said...

Yay! Congrats!!! The east coast is best! :) And now maybe I can meet you, since you'll have to visit Boston!!!

! x infinity indeed!

 
At April 24, 2007 7:33 PM , Blogger Nic said...

That's wonderful news, Allison. Being in the same, "do I have a job, is it over yet?" boat as you were, I totally get where you're coming from. It WILL happen. The job did!

 
At April 24, 2007 7:56 PM , Blogger Jen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

 
At April 24, 2007 11:25 PM , Blogger If not a mother... said...

Congrats! You're in much better shape than I was when I graduated college - even than I am now!

 
At April 25, 2007 5:04 AM , Blogger Scott S said...

Congratulations! A word of advice (based on when I was living in California throughout the 1990s after leaving my family in Connecticut) is to start looking for airline tickets home to Portland for the holidays now -- not only will prices be better, but by August, all the seats will be completely gone (as in unavailable)!

 
At April 25, 2007 5:08 AM , Blogger Vivian said...

Congratulations, that is awesome news. We are all so proud of you. Here begins a new journey and I hope that it is the best so far.

 
At April 25, 2007 5:47 AM , Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

yeah for Allison!!!!

 
At April 25, 2007 6:04 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Congratulations! Great news.

 
At April 25, 2007 8:59 AM , Blogger Anna said...

Congratulations! Excellent news.

 
At April 25, 2007 9:45 AM , Blogger Allison said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the support. I'm really excited about moving and I can't wait to see some of you again! It's so nice to have such good friends all over the place. Definitely makes the move feel a little less scary.

 
At April 25, 2007 3:14 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Take if from a Jersey Girl....you'll love it there.

What town is it located? I could direct you in what towns to look into living. Send me an email if you'd like some advice :)

Congrats on the job!!

 
At April 26, 2007 1:36 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Congratulations, that's just awesome! Enjoy this time... change is fun :)

 
At April 26, 2007 2:38 PM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Sweetness!!! Congratulations!

 
At April 26, 2007 5:24 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

That's fabulous Allison!!! I'm very, very happy for you :)

Congrats and the best of luck with your move across the country!

 
At April 26, 2007 8:13 PM , Blogger AmyT said...

Whahooo! Congratulations, Allison. Please don't forget about us...

 
At April 27, 2007 11:33 AM , Blogger Lori Rode said...

Hooray, hoooray! That first job after graduation can be a tough thing. You're on your way, girl! We'll keep cheering for you as you go on through this and other adventures!

 
At April 28, 2007 8:52 PM , Blogger art-sweet said...

AWWWWWWWWWWESOME!

Welcome to the BEST COAST!

 
At April 30, 2007 2:01 PM , Blogger Kevin said...

Muchos kudos!

Hopefully you'll be making trips down to DC, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home