Lemonade Life

Friday, April 06, 2007

Return of the Five Question Meme!

I wanted to finish all the questions I had received before making another meme post, but Kerri's limerick request really had me stumped.

George

1. If you had to star in a TV show about your life, what would you call it?

As uncreative as this sounds, I would probably call it Lemonade Life because it's the one phrase that I think really represents the way I want to live my life and so to have a TV show about my life called this makes the most sense.

2. Which super hero power would you want to have and why?

Well, considering Heroes is my favorite TV show, this is a hard question because I keep seeing new powers that I want! I think the power of turning into someone else was pretty cool. You could find out so much if you could pretend to be another person.

3. What is your favorite planet besides earth?

Risa. You didn't say it had to be a real planet. Bonus points to those who get the eference.

4. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?

Whenever I receive an email from a parent or a teen with diabetes who is struggling and burnt-out, and they tell me that what I’m doing has inspired them to take better care of themselves, that’s when I know I’m getting it right. That’s when I know that everything I have done has meant something to at least one other person, and for me, that’s my greatest accomplishment.

5. If you had to listen to one Band/Singer for the rest of your life, who would it be?

Moby. He has the most diversity in style in his music, so I don't think I would get bored very easily listening to his music.

Vivian

1. If you could no longer blog (gasp!) what would you replace it with?

Podcasting.

2. Name three must haves in your soul mate.

Love of God, honesty, and curiousity of life.

3. Is there one quote or piece of advice that has affected the way you live your life?

When I was in high school, my dad told me the phrase "'Tis better to light one small candle than to forever curse the darkness." It motivates me to do whatever I can to help a situation, even if I know it won't solve a problem, I like to know that at least I'm a part of the solution, and not the problem.

4. If you could design the path of your life over the next ten years, what would it look like?

First, I don't think I would want to because I'm human and fallible and I would probably come up with a pretty stupid life plan compared to what God would come up with.

That being said, if I had to, I would like to see myself moving to New York and getting settled, working at an agency and being as involved in JDRF and DRI as I could and eventually work my way onto the International Board of Directors (which I have wanted to do since I was 17-years-old - a full year before you are even allowed on the Board). I would love to meet my husband and get married in the next 10 years, probably towards the latter half, maybe have my first kid around 30. I also want to travel to Israel and New Zealand. Eventually, I want to move outside of the city or even to another state altogether to raise my family. I'm not sure what kind of career I want to have when I'm 30. I don't know if I want to work in the diabetes industry the whole time - I have already been doing this since I was 16 years old, so it will be 15 years by the time I'm 31 years old. That's a long time.

Maybe I will write a book. Or become a photographer.

5. What are 2 things you love about yourself and what are two things you would like to add to that list?

I love my persistence (though I'm not sure the same could be same for other people) and I love my eyes. I get a lot of compliments on them and they are my favorite physical feature.

I would like to add a better sense of direction and the ability to speak in a group setting without feeling like I'm interrupting even when I'm a part of the conversation. I tend to become a mute if I'm with more than three people at a time (I don't know if anyone noticed that at the OC dinner). I'm not a shy person, so it annoys me that I do that.

Kerri.

1. You find that you are being stalked by a small cat who is taking copious notes on your life. What do they find that you spend your day doing?

You mean besides being glued to a computer monitor? For the past three years, I spent most of my time in class, at Espresso Roma drinking coffee and chatting with my friends, or at home on the computer working on my various diabetes projects. Now that I'm a college graduate, pretty much anything is up for grabs.

2. Cell phones, email, IM, blogging, chatting over coffee... you only get to pick one method of communication. Which do you pick and why?

Chatting over coffee, no doubt about it. It might not be a very economical use of my time, but I think at the end of life I would feel like I really go to know people instead of just rushing past them. I also remember this time when someone I worked with online said to a mutual acquaintance, "You mean she's real?!" I'm sure it was as a joke, but I think that's why I am on a mission to meet people from the Internet. I am not words on a computer screen; I am a real person. And I know you are too.

3. Wild monkeys steal your car. What do they find in the backseat? And what, oh what, do you have hidden in the trunk?

A huge case of CDs that I just know are going to get stolen one of these days and empty pop cans. In the trunk, I have a bag of clothes that need to be taken to Buffalo Exchange, some books scattered about and a jumper cable.

Oh, and that dead body I've been meaning to bury.

4. You go to pay for gas at the gas station, only to realize you have forgotten your wallet at home. They ask that you pay in the form of a limerick - what limerick do you compose for the gas station attendant?

There once was a girl from the Linn,
Who said, "Let's go for a spin!"
Until they bumped into a tree
And they all went "Wheeee!"
and she landed upside down with a grin.

Morbid I know, but I wanted to do a car-theme and I couldn't come up with very many rhymes. I never did rhyming poetry, so I think I rather suck at it.

5. The ol' hot air balloon bit: What do you want to fly over?

Israel. My cousin has a book of photographs of Israel that I looked at when I was in New Jersey last weekend and it just made me want to go there even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home