Lemonade Life

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

And Now.... A Girl With No Luck!

(said in exagerated Monty Python and the Flying Circus style)

Okay, I want to write a wonderfully long and detailed story of my ridiculous day, but alas, it is 10:00 and I have to get up at a quarter to six tomorrow so I can fly to NEW YORK FUCKING CITY!

Ahem.

Sufficed to say (or is it "suffice it to say"...I never know which), NO ONE in my area sells medical id bracelets. One pharmacy had some, but they didn't have my disease. Ha. I wish I didn't have my disease either. Well, they had it as a necklace, but not a bracelet. So I took off the necklace pendant and strung it together with some beads and made it a bracelet with a massive pendent. It's odd-looking, but functional. I swear, I think the gods of medical id bracelets were punishing me for being a hypocrite and looking like I wear a medical id bracelet when in reality, I don't.

Anyway, almost everything on my list has been finished. Except for the downloading music onto my iPod because I think my iPod broke. It freezes randomly and I haven't figured out why. It sucks. Maybe the Apple store in NYC can fix it.

Well, I have finished printing out my boarding pass. Au revoir until April!

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2007 8:54 AM , Blogger Kevin said...

Hope you have a nice trip, and sorry I won't get to meet up with everyone.

I've run into the medical ID issue before as well. I settled on the sporty CoolMed IDs and have been quite pleased with it. Some have asked whether I thought it would be noticeable enough in an emergency. But I figure all I need is a little help explaining what the insulin pump on my hip is about to anyone that might find me when I need some help.

Though getting them in camouflage probably isn't the best idea -- you want them to be seen after all!

 
At March 22, 2007 8:54 AM , Blogger Lori Rode said...

You will gather luck along the path. It grows like clover and daisies at your feet.

Here's hoping that you made it to the airport!!

 
At March 22, 2007 9:37 AM , Blogger Christine said...

Have a great time!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home