Lemonade Life

Friday, March 16, 2007

Really, thank goodness it's Friday!

  • Thanks to Sean, I now have two job interviews at PR agencies in New York that I am very VERY happy about. I'm not as afraid to graduate now. And, yes, this is the real reason I am coming to New York City. I'm not sure if I actually ever said that on here, but I am job-hunting because I want to move to New York.
  • I have discovered the joy of buying my favorite songs on iTunes. So far: "All Around Me" by Flyleaf and "Faster Kill Pussycat" by Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy (yes, that Brittany Murphy). This is going to get me into a lot of trouble.
  • I need to buy clothes this weekend. And a bigger purse. However, I am trying to limit myself to just one suitcase for the trip East, which I believe means I am certifiably insane. But get this: I am gone for 12 days, I am staying in 7 different locations covering three states. Technically I'm going to four, but I am not spending the night in Connecticut. Just there for the day. I do not want to drag a ton of luggage around tri-state area. One suitcase means less chances I will leave a bag somewhere or fall down a flight of stairs or miss a train. But yeah, I'm crazy. And the fact I'm going to four states in 12 days is still warping my little West Coast mind a bit.
  • But back to clothes. How does anyone expect a 21-year-old to know how to dress anymore? I'm torn between wearing clothes that I think are cute and risk wearing something that's too young for me, or buying clothes that I know are more "grown-up" and "safe for the workplace" but that age me about ten years. The clothes that I do like (namely, Anne Taylor and ladies section at Nordstroms) are about twice the price I can afford. The cheap clothes fall under the aforementioned "what are you wearing?" categories. I'm 21 and I don't know how to dress myself.
  • I am going to see this man at Powell's bookstore tomorrow. I am so excited. I love the Post Secret website. I'm addicted. I go every week. Sometimes multiples times a week to read the responses that are posted. I have never sent anything in, if you are wondering. But I want to. Post Secret and Powell's. Together. Amazing.
  • Less than a week until I am in New York. One more class to go. One take-home final to finish (erm, and to start). Two in-class finals. I really hope I pass my classes. It would be traumatizing to not graduate at this point.

10 Comments:

At March 16, 2007 12:25 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Three words: Anne Taylor Loft. :)

 
At March 16, 2007 1:27 PM , Blogger Nic said...

I second Anne Taylor Loft!

Also, the Limited has cute suits. They're not the highest of quality, but they make having to wear suits fun(ner).

Good luck in NY!

 
At March 16, 2007 1:48 PM , Blogger Val said...

Congrats on being done with college! I'll see you next Sunday!

 
At March 16, 2007 1:59 PM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Good luck with the interviews! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!

The logistics of your trip are exhausting to even read about!

I bet it will be a lot of fun, but you are going to need some serious down time once you get home...

 
At March 16, 2007 6:12 PM , Blogger kath said...

You should be watching What Not to Wear on TLC. Or better yet, get on it. That would be fun, an episode focusing on carrying the insulin pump and supplies!

 
At March 16, 2007 7:42 PM , Blogger asskeeper said...

Allison,
I can't wait till next Sunday. It is going to be so cool to finally meet you.
Wendy
p.s. don't ask me about clothes.

 
At March 16, 2007 8:24 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Val & Wendy: I can't wait to meet you too! Yay!

Karen & Nic: Anne Taylor Loft is still a bit over my price range, but I should probably get some staples there anyway. It's an investment, right?

Kath: I completely agree! I love that show.

 
At March 16, 2007 8:25 PM , Blogger Allison said...

I forgot about Scott (sorry!):

I wish I could say I was taking a break when I get home, but I'm actually leaving for California a week after I get back! Ack!

 
At March 16, 2007 8:49 PM , Blogger AmyT said...

Wait, when will you be in California?
We could do SHOPPING!

Did I mention that I'm twice your age and still don't always know what to wear? But it's easier 'cause the options are more limited know (as in, varicose veins)...

 
At March 17, 2007 6:59 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Amy, I'm coming to Los Angeles and San Diego from April 11-18, but not to San Francisco. Bit of a far drive from SF, but I'm sure we'll find time to shop sometime!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home