Lemonade Life

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Meme to Tide You Over

Courtesy of Julia:

1. What does blogging do for you?

One of the reasons I started blogging was that I could talk about my life with diabetes without worrying about representing a certain organization. I've volunteered for JDRF, worked for Diabetes Portal, Inc. (RIP), and dLife, and I didn't want to get bogged down with "Hm, I wonder if they'll want me to edit this" or "I wonder if this fits the audience." My audience on this blog is anyone who wants to hear me chatter about living with diabetes and the highs and lows (literal and figurative) in my life. I love hearing from people because it gives me a sense of security to know that I'm not insane (at least, not yet). I like the fact that blogging, unlike pretty much everything else I do, is completely controlled by what I decide to do, and not by what someone else thinks. I like the independence of blogging, but I also like the community. Best of both worlds.

2. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what of and what do they represent? If not, would you?

I don't have any tattoos... yet. Right now, the ones I want to get is "faith" in Ancient Hebrew and "grace" in Ancient Greek. Those are the words that I think best represent the Torah and the New Testament. I have "grace" translated, but not "faith" so that's why I don't have it yet.

3. What's your idea of the ultimate day of decadence? Where would you go, what would you do and with whom would you do it? Money is no object.

I would go shopping and sight-seeing in Paris... and I have no idea who I would go with. Probably three of my friends from high school because none of them have been to Paris and I have and it would be cool to show them around.

4. What's your number one pet peeve??

People who are closed-minded about the possibility that there could be Christians who aren't closed-minded. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people rant against Christians for being hateful, closed-minded, homophobic, delusional... etc. Yes, thank you for shoving me into yet another box. I just find it ironic that the people who are accusing a group of people for being mean and hateful are just as mean and hateful.

5. Again, money is no object - what kind of car would you buy?

Black Mercedes-Benz. That was easy.

Rules of the Game: Post a comment with your email address and I'll send you five questions. I'm limiting this to the first five people to comment, however, so hurry while supplies last!

6 Comments:

At April 04, 2007 12:16 PM , Blogger bethany said...

me please :-D shoeboxofdreams@yahoo.com

glad your trip went so well and that you did so great in all of your classes!

congrats on everything!

 
At April 04, 2007 4:50 PM , Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Thanks, Allison. I love this meme. I've asked everyone a couple of the same questions and it's cool reading all the answers.

 
At April 04, 2007 4:52 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Me please:)
You have my email address

 
At April 04, 2007 11:28 PM , Blogger Sasha said...

Hi Allison!
Sounds like fun, count me in.
alexandra_atepaeva@yahoo.com

 
At April 06, 2007 6:56 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Me too please.
Email: jenjen6868@juno.com

 
At April 13, 2007 7:27 AM , Blogger art-sweet said...

Thank you - and Vivian - for opening my mind, Allison ;-)

I really do appreciate it. And I'll scrounge around and see if I can come up for the biblical hebrew for "faith" for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home