Lemonade Life

Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day

Well, I started out dinner a little high... 219. 1.4 to cover the high, and a whopping 12.8 units to cover the completely guessed 90 carbs I ate. Honestly, 90 just sounded nice...

Three hours later, 110. Pumpkin Pie and egg nogg. This is exactly why pumps were invented. 9.6 units.

Three hours later, 111. A couple of cookies to keep me company while I do my English reading. 2.9 units.

7:20 a.m. 311. 6.3 units.

8:04 a.m Site looks a little red. Rips set off in grandious there-no-hair-left-on-my-stomach fashion. OK, bit more red than expected. Reinstalls pump set and plugs herself back in.

10:17 a.m. 162. Whew. Catastrophie averted.

12:40 p.m. 401. Or not. Guess which genius forgot to prime the pump?

4:15 p.m. 240.

I'm thankful for the technology that tells me how sick I am. I am thankful for medication that makes me not so sick. I am thankful for lucky days that let me enjoy the holidays with my family.

Now why can't they create an alarm that squeals and buzzes when you do something critically dumb like forgetting to do a fixed prime for your insulin set? They've got all their bases covered except for one: Human Error. For that, I am not thankful.

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 10:52 PM , Blogger Justin W said...

One reason, while I use syringes for my longterm Lantus now, NPH before, and pen needles Humalog now, and Regular before.

I had two E.R. visits while I was in College, have fun.

Crazy J ....
www.xanga.com/operative_ustriko

 
At December 04, 2005 4:11 PM , Blogger Wil said...

I love this post, LOL...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home