Lemonade Life

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas has come, and Christmas has gone...

Sometimes I wish I was Jewish. I mean, we fuss and freak and panic over one single day (ok- two if you count christmas eve). At least with Hanukkah, you get 8. And latkes. I don't know. I suppose you could consider the period of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas as 'Christmas,' what with the holiday movies and waving to Santa and the frat boys singing Christmas carols at Starbucks and candy houses and pretty lights at the Grotto.

Ok. I think I feel better about Christmas. Except for the latkes...

Highlights from this season's booty:
- Clarissa Explains It All season 1 dvd
- CD player
- Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor"
- 17" flat-screen computer monitor
- 4-piece set of luggage
- money! which will be immediately deposited into the "Send Allison to Orlando Fund"

Mumzie also gave me two gift cards, one for Claire's and one for Borders.

I used the Borders one to buy This:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


For those of you who aren't familiar with writer-slash-mother-of-Type 1-son, Martha O'Connor writes a wonderful blog about writing and raising her son, who was diagnosed with diabetes about a year and a half ago.

7 Comments:

At December 28, 2005 6:36 AM , Blogger Johnboy said...

Ah, nice score on the Christmas gifts!

Hey, but didn't you realize that there are 12 days of Christmas?! Christmastide officially ends on January 6, and I must say that we will not be taking down our tree before then. :-)

 
At December 28, 2005 9:36 AM , Blogger Martha O'Connor said...

Hey Allison! Thanks for buying my book ! :o) Hope you like it! May the new year bring you everything bright. Love, Martha

 
At December 28, 2005 2:21 PM , Blogger MarkFarley said...

Another one has finally come round, we will get you all in the end... great choice hun!!

 
At December 28, 2005 5:29 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Glad you had a great Christmas and if you want to extend it and add other treats I won't tell. =)

Vivian

 
At December 29, 2005 8:21 AM , Blogger Kerri. said...

I have my copy of the book on order from the bookstore. Apparently, RI is behind the times.

Merry Christmas (belatedly) !!!

 
At December 29, 2005 7:42 PM , Blogger Nicole P said...

Hey Kerri,

I tried to get Martha's book from Borders at Providence Place. The woman at the desk told me "We've been selling a lot of those, we're out of the ones we had." I had to special order it. Maybe RI isn't *that* behind... We'll see how long it takes for mine to come in!

;)

 
At December 30, 2005 7:30 AM , Blogger Kerri. said...

Nicole,

I'm bartering with the Borders in Garden City. They're very nice but extremely busy. They claim 3 weeks for the book to come in.

Nothing like all that anticipation...

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home