Lemonade Life

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Senator Frist Supports Stem Cell Research!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, you have just witnessed a miracle.

How exciting is that!?!

I saw the newspaper headline this morning at Shari's and I started jumping up and down. JDRF sent me an email about it yesterday, so I already knew, but just seeing it in print was so exciting. The link is the the New York Times, registration is required but it's free.

Frist is being criticized by the Republicans, obviously, though my own Republic Senator, Gordon Smith (R-OR), supports the new research enhancement act. President Bush is still threatening to veto the bill, even if it is passed in both the House and the Senate.

::sigh:: Politics is so frustrating. I understand that it's a very contentious debate and it'll be tooth and nail until the end. But I just want a cure.

P.S. I have my pump back. And I'm very happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home