Lemonade Life

Friday, January 27, 2006

Cute & Happy

BEFORE JANUARY 27, 1994:

Allison, 8, and Eric, 3.

Cute and happy.

AFTER JANUARY 27, 1994

Allison, 8, and Eric, now 4.

See a difference? Yeah, neither do I. But it's there...

(But still cute and happy.)

AND NOW:


Allison, 20, Mumzie, and Eric, 16.
(Father's taking the picture. He says, "Hi.")

Still cute, still happy.

Just taller. And wiser.

~*~

Vital Stats


Name: Allison Blass
Age: 20 years, 5 months, and 21 days old
Age at Diagnosis: 8 years, 5 months and 21 days old
Current Treatment: Minimed Paradigm 715
Years on the Pump: 5 years, 6 months and 4 days.
Current A1C: 7.3 (as of Dec. 15, 2005)
Highest A1C: 9.2 (April 2005)
Lowest A1C: 7.3 (May 1999, December 2005)
Approximate Number of Injections: 9,000
Approximate Number of Finger Pokes: 26,000
Approximate Number of Pump Site Changes: 575
Number of Seizures: ZERO
Number of Hospitalizations after Diagnosis: ZERO
Number of Complications: ZERO

Be your own reason to celebrate!

See you next year!

8 Comments:

At January 27, 2006 12:35 PM , Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

Happy D-day anniversary Allison!!!!

 
At January 27, 2006 1:54 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Allison-
Happy D-aversary!!!! Woo Hoo *clap, clap, clap* Yeah, you are so cool.

PS- My daughter thinks your brother is a cutie.

 
At January 27, 2006 3:23 PM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks for all you do!

 
At January 27, 2006 3:53 PM , Blogger Allison said...

I used to think my brother was a cutie. :-)

Thanks for the best wishes (from today's post, and yesterday's, and the day before that....).

I haven't figured out what I'm going to do! But I'm sure I'll think of something.

 
At January 27, 2006 4:45 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Happy Diabetes Anniversary! What a great post :) I love celebrating my "D" anniversary, and I just had my 12th in July! Congratulations on staying healthy, cute and happy!

 
At January 29, 2006 12:36 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Awww, and look at you now!! You're still cute :) Love the post - made me smile. I wonder what we'll do on my daughters D-Day Anniversary? Still have lots of time to think about it.

Love the pictures!

 
At January 29, 2006 2:40 PM , Blogger Johnboy said...

Oh, I just love statistics...hehe! Thanks for sharing some of yours, and Happy D-aversary!

 
At January 29, 2006 3:57 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Jamie-

If you need any ideas, I'm sure I could come up with something... I've received jewelry, make-up, dolls, cards, gift certficates, knitting needles and yarn, and for my first anniversary, I got my ears pierced. Not sure if those apply to your little one... Maybe you could buy her a Barbie or some toy she's really really been wanting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home