Lemonade Life

Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's A.... Website?



Heather and I are pleased to announce the birth of our very own Website!




Diabetes Teen Talk was born January 9, 2005 at 12:00 EST.

You can find out more by visiting Diabetes Teen Talk.

--

In all seriousness, folks, Diabetes Teen Talk, an online community for teens with diabetes, has just been launched. I'm very proud of this website, and I'm excited to hear what you think of it. The goal of this website is to educate and to inspire teens and to foster friendship among these D-Teens, who in some cases know no one else with diabetes. We have a message board and a chatroom (which we share with Diabetes Talkfest), a long list of articles and interviews with adults and celebrities with diabetes, diabetes experts and D-Teens.

Although it is geared towards teens, parents and adults should feel free to peruse the website. You won't find anything on how to raise your teen, but it might give you an insight into how they think and what they are going through.

I never had this kind of resource when I was growing up, but of course, I started the original Teen Talk over at Diabetes Portal when I was 17, so I suppose I created my own method for coping with being a D-Teen.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the website and please let me know what you think. I'm always open to ideas and suggestions for how to improve my work.

9 Comments:

At January 08, 2006 10:34 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Thank you! And I appreciate you emailing me and pointing out the error with the URL. That is all fixed now! Thanks again.

 
At January 09, 2006 5:34 AM , Blogger Keith said...

Kudos to you on your new site! I can't think of a better person to host/moderate it!

 
At January 09, 2006 6:21 AM , Blogger Kassie said...

Congratulations!!!

Hey, I took the liberty of sending the link to Lorne Abramson, executive director of the Diabetes Camping Association, along with a suggestion that he send it to camp directors. They may want to share this great new resource with their older campers/younger staff.

Speaking of which, have you thought about a 'jobs' section?

Congrats again!

 
At January 09, 2006 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kassie that is a great suggestion for allison...i think a job section would be great, could take A LOT OF WORK THOUGH

Great job on the site lil sissy

 
At January 09, 2006 7:31 AM , Blogger Kassie said...

Maybe just a discussion board section - camps could post there pretty easily.

You are right though, any other approach could be very labor intensive!

 
At January 09, 2006 9:05 AM , Blogger Sandra Miller said...

The site looks fabulous!

And I am absolutely not surprised... well done!!!

 
At January 09, 2006 3:04 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Kassie: Lorne sent me an email this morning. We're going to exchange links, and I think I will add a Jobs section to the message board, so people who want to offer camp jobs or babysitting jobs to teens with diabetes can do so. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how effective it is.

To everyone else: A BIG HUGE LEMONADE THANKS! I really appreciate all your comments and feedback and I'm glad you enjoy the site.

 
At January 11, 2006 3:59 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

w00t

 
At January 15, 2006 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across this website, itsyouth.com. It is a pretty neat site for teens to check out.

ItsYouth.com is an online hangout for teens ages 13 to 25.

The website includes articles contents on a variety of topics for teens. These articles include topics such as teen pregnancy, relationship advice, and much more. As well, the website includes a horoscope section where teens can read their daily, weekly, and monthly horoscopes.

ItsYouth.com has a poster store, products for amazon.com, and a whole range of other products for teens. Currently, the website hopes to expand into a larger teen portal network to attract more teens to this hangout.

Visit www.itsyouth.com and see for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home