Lemonade Life

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Don't Worry, I Was Just Abducted By Aliens

What a week. First I was abducted by aliens and taken to their homeworld, Tralfalmador. But I escaped with the help of my glucose meter, duct tape, a hairbrush and a rabbit. (MacGyver ain't got nothin' on me). Crash-landed from outerspace, crawled a thousand miles through the barren desert with only a lizard to keep me company, and then hitched a ride with a trucker from Albuquerque who sang show-tunes and drank green tea who slowed down to five miles an hour so I could jump out of the truck when we reached Eugene.

Or at least, that's how I feel.

Do you ever have "one of those days"? I had a whole week of them.

Three days of job training for a very scary, stressful job, two midterms that I was not ready for; one article for JDRF, a phone meeting with dLife and my blood sugars were all messed up and Gary was in Denmark! ::hits head against wall::

But I survived. And I took myself out to a movie last night. I saw Brokeback Mountain, which is really good, but really sad and I'm still debating whether or not that was the best choice. But I really liked it. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal are h-o-t-t! I snuck in Taco Time for dinner and because they messed up my order they gave me those cinnamon chips for free. Mmm-mmm-yummy! I also bought a bag of chocolates and Beck's new CD at Target with the gift card Mumzie gave me for my anniversary. Oh, and shampoo and a bottle of Diet Pepsi, too.

But then it took me almost an hour to get home because the bus schedule is all messed up at night. And I ended up having a bit of a nervous-breakdown last night right before going to bed.

But then I slept for 12 hours and that was very nice.

But then I had to go back to the theater this morning because I ended up leaving my glucose meter there by accident.

But then I had pizza and ice cream. And then I went grocery shopping.

I guess it's just one of those weekends that you enjoyed, but certainly wouldn't want to do over again.

(P.S. If you get the Tralfalmador reference, you are my new best friend)

4 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 8:38 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Have you been reading too much hitchhikers guide to the universe? Sounds like quite the week- I was wondering where you were.

 
At February 11, 2006 9:57 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Does it have anything to do with Slaughterhouse Five?

I am glad you survived.

 
At February 12, 2006 5:07 AM , Blogger Johnboy said...

For crying out loud! Just take a deep breath.... ;-)

 
At February 12, 2006 1:46 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Yay! Vivian, you're awesome. Sorry Megan, Tralfalmador is the homeworld for the aliens in the Kurt Vonnegut book Slaughterhouse-5, which is my favorite book EVER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home