Lemonade Life

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yay, I'm going low! That means I'm healthy again!

Well, not right now specifically, but I've gone low a couple of times in the past few days, and that's very exciting for me.

I've spent literally the last two weeks chasing highs and I don't think I've been in the 100s for more than one reading in a row. It's ridiculous. I hate being sick.

HATE.

But I'm going low again!

I don't think I've ever been so excited to see a 72 md/dl in my life.

I really need to get out more.

Speaking of getting out, did I ever tell you how our Walk went? It went very well. I've been waiting to get a final count, but it doesn't seem like that's really happening because I keep getting more donations. I got about 5 last week, after the Walk.

My friend Jane, her now ex-boyfriend, Jacob, my friend Jordan, my parents and younger brother, and I all went to Oaks Amusement Park for the Walk and it was awesome! A very nice day, considering the state we live in.

As of right this second, I have raised $2,030 and 46 people (I think... I didn't actually count the people part, but it's about mid-40s). Which is great! I've raised the largest amount of money EVER and this is four times as much as I raised last year. So I'm very excited and I want to thank all of the OC people who have donated. I really really really really like you all very much right now.

However.

I'm still looking to get a few more donors. As you know, my goal was to raise 100 supporters. I think that was a bit of a lofty goal for me to attain this year, so I shrank it down about halfway to 50 people.

I'm at 46 people. I am 4 people away from my goal.

Would you like to be one of those 4 people?

It's really easy. All you have to do is go to my Walk Central page and make a donation of at least $1.

Please? For me?

I'll be your best friend...

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate all the donations that I have received so far and you all kick-ass. I make you honorary members of Team Lemonade.

::takes magic Lemonade wand and taps everyone on the head::

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better.

I am happy your numbers are dropping.

I am overjoyed that the walk went so well.

I am honored to be tapped in the head with the lemonade wand but do i need to bolus for it? :)

 
At October 11, 2006 11:53 AM , Blogger Johnboy said...

uhm...regarding to bolus or not...allison, do you use sugar or real lemons???

 
At October 11, 2006 1:17 PM , Blogger Allison said...

George: Thank you, me too, it really was awesome, and no, you don't need to bolus for it.

I am Crystal Light Lemonade Life. :-)

Johnboy: Crystal Light with brain-cancer causing Sweet N' Low. ::in Homer voice:: Mmmm, brain cancer...

 
At October 12, 2006 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for no more illness! Hopefully you'll keep it that way for awhile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home