Lemonade Life

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Start School Tomorrow...

...And I have a fever of 103.1.

Am I being punished for something? I mean, honestly, what are the odds? What do I keep getting these outrageous fevers that go up, then down, then up, then down, etc. etc.

I woke up with a jackhammer instead my skull, a large rock attached to my tonsils, and my temperature was toasty 102.1. It came all the way down to 100.0 by 6:00. I'm in the clear, I thought, Just a 24-hour bug it seems.

I have been lying on the couch all day, drinking chocolate milk and orange juice and eating toast with honey. I have taken 4 tablespoons of DayQuil and 8 Ibuprofen. I even ate a banana in an attempt to get some "nutrition" into my system. I hate bananas.

Now it's up to 103. I guess my body misses that California heat more than I thought.

Seriously.

What the hell is my body's problem?

My temp basal is set at 200% and I'm still 235 mg/dl. I haven't even tested my ketones, seeing as I don't have any more ketone strips, though with my luck I'm sure I'm a lovely shade of royal purple.

The last time I got this sick was the day of our big Walk Kickoff. Why do I always get sick right before an important day? Why?!?

Sigh.

But on the bright side, our Walk to Cure Diabetes is next Sunday and I have raised over $1500. This is three time more than I raised last year and over $500 more than my largest fundraising year ever.

But I only have 32 donors so if you are interested in helping reach my goal of 100 supporters, please visit my Walk Central website and donate. Anything helps and every donor gets counted as a supporter. Please help me reach my goal of 100 supporters by visiting the Team Lemonade website.

Ok, I'm off to go crawl into bed and die.

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 7:35 AM , Blogger Johnboy said...

Sorry to hear of your ills. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to normal soon. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home