Lemonade Life

Friday, August 18, 2006

Walk Season!! Yaaay!!

Total Supporters: 19

Supporters Needed: 81


Hi everyone! It's that time of year again... leaves change colors, sweaters come out of hiding, and I ask you to support the Walk to Cure Diabetes.

The reasons are fairly simple: diabetes is the 5th leading cause of death, complications include kidney failure and heart disease, and we have dozens of bright, hard-working researchers all over the world who need more funding. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 12 years, I have been a volunteer with JDRF for over five years and I believe that the money JDRF raises will fund the researcher(s) that will find the cure for diabetes.

This year, my fundraising goal is a bit different than usual. Instead of raising a certain amount of money, I want to raise a certain amount of people. How does that work? Usually the average walker raises $100. Instead of raising $100, I want to raise the support of 100 of my closest, dearest friends. Like you. :-)

Even if you are struggling to pay off tuition or are fundraising for your own Walk, you can still help. Since I am raising support instead of money, anything you can do to say "I want a cure!" will help. Whether it's $50, $25, $10 or $1, you get counted as one of my 100 supporters. I will be keeping track of all my supporters here on my website Lemonade Life. The thermometer over to the side shows how much money I have received, and I put $100 since that is the minimum for a T-shirt. Since I am raising supporters, I have another counter at the top of this message.

Being a supporter means a lot to JDRF, but it means even more to me.

Please donate to the 2006 Walk to Cure Diabetes. Donating is as easy as tying your shoes. There are two options:

1) Donate online at my Walk page. (Just click on Donate Now!)

2) Send me cash or check (made out to JDRF, of course) but first email me at amblass@gmail.com so I can give you my mailing address.

Email me at amblass@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

peace, love & hope for a cure,

Allison

Allison's 2006 Walk to Cure Diabetes Supporters!

1) Johnboy
2) Bob Williams
3) Felix Kasza
4) Ardy Johnson
5) Rachel
6) Laura Cackowski
7) Lori Rodewald
8) George Simmons
9) Jenni Prokopy
10) Pratt Rather
11) Megan
12) Renee Bernett
13) Donna Longenecker
14) Dana Turell
15) Linda Baker
16) Heather Chambers
18) Kendall Cook
17) Sandra Miller
19) Kayce Spear


1 Comments:

At August 22, 2006 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will support you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home