Several Reasons Why I Like Life
1) I'm finally 21. I'm only two days in, so it hasn't gotten old yet. In fact, I'm not sure it's even really sunk in. This picture was taken at The Cheesecake Factory at Washington Square. It was Brownie Sundae Cheesecake and it was huge and delicious and worth every single point above my target range.
2) Ashleigh, of my best friends, is coming to visit me in October! She lives in Georgia and we met online, so I have only met her one other time (in March 2005). And now she's coming to Oregon! YES!!!
3) My shiny new pink Razr phone. I hate to sound materialistic, but it really is a pretty awesome phone. I've always had the cheap phones that they practically give away when you sign up for a contract, so it's nice to finally have a cool phone.
4) Michael Burton from JDRF is my Favorite Person of the Day and has christened me the "twentyoneyearoldwhowritesaboutteenagerscollegekidsandyoung
adultsandwhateverelsesheorwecanthinkup." I laughed out loud when I read that. Could you imagine putting that on a business card?
5) I met Chris Dudley today! I went to the Chris Dudley Basketball Camp way out in Vernonia, Oregon (about an hour from my house). Toured around, talked with Chris and his wife, met the staff and saw some teens that I know.
6) All my wonderful OC friends who wished me a Happy Birthday. Big thanks to: Johnboy, George, Felix, Rebecca, Rachel, Gina, Vivian, Minnesota Nice (I'm sorry I don't know your real name!), Caro and Jane.
7) The whopping grand total of 116 blogs listed on the Official Diabetes O.C. website. I swear, everytime I check my e-mail I have another Submission Form waiting for me. I'm excited by the growth and activity of the O.C., but I can barely keep up!
Oh, and yes, there will be a Second Annual Diabetes O.C. Blog Choice Awards. This is to honor those making a difference by sharing their lives with diabetes and, of course, a publicity stunt to garner attention for our little (ha!) community. Completely revamping the logistics of the Awards this year, so stay tuned. Details coming Fall 2006.
8) The fact that it's August 8th and I still have over a month and a half of summer vacation left.
9) Julia's baby is here!! Yay!! And Charlotte Jane was born on my birthday!! Double yay!! I love babies!! And exclamation marks!!