Lemonade Life

Sunday, February 26, 2006

What is Thirty-Three?

Yesterday, while waiting for the bus, I was flipping through a newspaper that somebody had left on the bench.

I picked up the TV Guide section and started perusing the grids, seeing if anything looked good (not that I have a television I could watch, I just wanted to see what was on).

My eye was suddenly and unexpectedly drawn to a pull-out section called "Sports Bites." I skimmed the questions to see what it was all about when my eyes stopped at this little gem:

"What was the number of Boston Celtics' Larry Bird?"

I laughed. Outloud. For a good solid minute. Maybe longer.

I nominate Larry Bird as the O.C.'s Official Mascot.

Who will second the nomination?

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 6:42 AM , Blogger Erica said...

LOL - I'm just waiting for that question to show up in trivial pursuit or something... It's the ONLY sports trivia that has ever stuck in my head!

Go Larry!

 
At February 27, 2006 7:02 AM , Blogger Kerri. said...

Larry Bird is one of the greatest basketball players of all time.

All time.

No way can he be lowered to a mascot status! If anything, we should be his mascots. He should remain the cardio-inspiring basketball legend that he can't help but be.

Larry Bird. I'm ready to name my first born son after him.

 
At February 27, 2006 10:22 AM , Blogger Allison said...

I always thought be a mascot was a good thing.

You're like the face the team. You have your image plastered on memorabilia.

I don't know. I'm not into sports. Maybe I have it all wrong.

He's definitely our official something. Official Motivator?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home