Lemonade Life

Sunday, August 06, 2006

As of 12:01 a.m....

The Countdown is officially over!

I am 21!

Here are a couple pics that my friend Justin took last night at Shari's (Shari's a local diner chain that we practically grew up at. We know most of the waiters. And the manager knows us by name- in a good way).

My friend Julia and me.













Me with my birthday sundae (and my friend Freddy).














While we were sitting at Shari's and talking, my friend Julia noticed my I.D. bracelet and starting looking at it, because she wasn't sure what it was. Then my friend Justin suggested that there should be a "diabetic symbol."

"Like the Jesus fish," he said.

And then Julia came up with the bright idea to have a secret handshake.

"A secret handshake?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know, like if you saw someone and you thought they were diabetic but you weren't sure you could go 'I wonder if they know the secret handshake' and then you'd know," she explained.

Because, of course, simply asking someone is so passe.

I told them I would bring the suggestions back to My People. So, there you go.

Or maybe since this is an "online community" we should simply have a secret password...

7 Comments:

At August 06, 2006 12:29 PM , Blogger George said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

I like the symbol thingy a little better. Secret Handshakes seem kind of weird to me but then again, I am too much of a freakshow to judge weirdness.

Anyhow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!

 
At August 06, 2006 7:14 PM , Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Great pictures - looks like you had a fun celebration.
May the year ahead bring you many new and exciting adventures!

 
At August 06, 2006 8:09 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Happy Birthday Miss Adult Rock Star! Hmmm Secret Password...We will have to sleep on that one.
Have a great day.
Vivian

 
At August 07, 2006 4:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! (Even though I'm a little late.)

Hope you had a great day.

 
At August 07, 2006 12:25 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Happy Birthday, it looks like it was a great celebration.
I'm not sure how to portray missing Islets of Langerhans in a logo but I think that's the way to go.

 
At August 09, 2006 2:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

here in Denmark, we just introduced our "we know but they don't" signal for having diabetes - a wristband in cloth, not silicone. Very red. Two different texts: suga' babe or suga' daddy - btw, the guys absolutely love being suga' daddies:-)

it's made by the youth council of the danish diabetes association.

have a look:
http://www.diabetes.dk/default.asp?id=4634&cmmode=&booksale_page=form

scroll faaaaar down, and there's the picture!

 
At August 09, 2006 12:53 PM , Blogger Kerri. said...

Happy (albeit belated) Birthday, Allison!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home