Lemonade Life

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Almost There!

Just in case you haven't been paying attention....


5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!

I'm excited, can you tell? Have you bought my cheesy, flashy and brightly colored 21st birthday card/e-card yet?

Everything is great except that I am *still* sick and it's starting to really piss me off. I haven't gotten my usual eight-hours of uninterrupted sleep since Friday night! I keep waking up at 5 a.m. with a pounding headache, unable to breathe properly, and searching my room for lozenges as I swallow what feels like tiny rocks that scrape the sides of my throat.

But Mumzie made a doctor's appointment for me, so hopefully they will give me some antibiotics and I can finally feel like a normal human being again (or at least as normal as I'll ever be).

I also feel like I'm losing my voice and I had to interview Pratt Rather from Team Type 1 this morning. The interview was great, but I sounded horrible! My blood sugars are also horrible. I have my basal rate set to 200%. 200%!!! And my blood sugar right now is 296. Oy. As if being sick wasn't bad enough.

At least this is the one time I can be high and not feel guilty about it. Because it's not my fault!

But being high for a week is bad. This is not going to help my A1C any. This sucks. I want to be better.

I hope I am better by Sunday. It would really suck to be sick on my 21st birthday.

2 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 3:25 PM , Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Did something go wonky with your site? When I click on the link, it brings me to an index page. Weirdness.

Get better. You shouldn't be sick for your 21st.

 
At August 01, 2006 5:36 PM , Blogger Allison said...

My site? Which one? This is me, Julia, the word "site" could mean just about anything. Including my pump site, which is initially what I thought you were asking. I was going to say "No, I did change my site and I'm still high." But then I read the next sentence and realized you were talking about a website.

Oops. God, I am such a diabetic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home