Lemonade Life

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Truth

I wish the reasons to smile always overpowered the reasons to cry.

I wish I could always know what my blood sugar is. I wish I didn’t have to know what my blood sugar is.

I wish the world were safe for our babies. I wish there was a vaccine for anger. I wish more people had faith in God. I wish the people who have faith in God would actually listen to Him.

I wish people didn’t gossip. I wish people didn’t lie. I wish people didn’t say mean things to make them feel better. I wish technology never broke. I wish I always had cell phone service.

I wish I kept in better contact with my friends. I wish I could tell all my friends individually how much I love them (I love you). I wish I could love more freely. I wish I had an easier time trusting people. I wish people didn’t break my trust.

I wish dreams always came true. I wish people that mean the most to me didn’t leave this world so early. I wish I knew what they were going to teach me. I wish I could say good-bye. I wish I didn’t have to say good-bye.

I wish I could take everyone to heaven. I wish life wasn’t so nasty, brutish and short. I wish I could say the things I want to say when I want to say them. I wish it didn’t take so much time to make a difference. I wish more people at least tried to make a difference. I wish more people realized the difference they do make, even when they aren’t trying.

I wish more people realized that they are beautiful and wonderful even with their flaws. I wish more people realized that their flaws are what make them beautiful and wonderful. I wish more people focused on the beautiful and wonderful things instead of the sad and lonely things.

I wish that sad and lonely things never happened.

But most of all I wish, that when sad and lonely things happen, you have someone you love and who loves you to hold onto.

And I wish that person’s smile overpowered your tears.

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 11:19 AM , Blogger Lori Rode said...

We love you too! Really we do. We'll all keep wishing and hoping and praying.

 
At August 16, 2006 6:44 PM , Blogger Nic said...

It seems like everyone in the OC is experiencing "tough life" stuff. As your post so beautifully illustrates, life is tough enough without diabetes.

Hang in there!

 
At August 23, 2006 10:48 PM , Blogger Robert said...

thank you so much for your post!!! Very moving, and shows the tenderness and love in your heart for people!!! My niece has type 1 diabetes, i just was diagnosed with adult onset type 2. I amen your desire for a cure!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home