Lemonade Life

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

God's Answer to "How Can I Avoid My Homework Just a Little Longer?"

1. Do you still have tonsils?

Yes. I plan to keep them there, seeing as how they haven't caused me any issues. If it ain't broke, don't fix.

2. Would you bungee jump?

Well, I would usually answer with a resounding "Hell No." But, after recently watching the Mandy Moore chick flick "Chasing Liberty," I would bungee jump if I had my arms wrapped around a brown-eyed, gorgeous Brit with a smile that melts you.

3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?

Have you ever seen that show on the Travel Channel with the adorable little blond woman who travels around the world visiting different hotels in different cities and gets paid to talk about how wonderful they are? Yeah, I want her job.

4. How many tattoos do you have?

Zero. For now.

5. Your favorite fictional animal?

I feel like I should give some kind of classy answer like Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny, but honestly, I love Donkey from Shrek. He is awesome.

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?

My friend Jordon. He should be a comedien, I swear. He's like the American college boy version of Eddie Izzard. He is the only person who can make fun of my diabetes and it still cracks me up.

7. Do you consider yourself well organized?

No. Never. Not under any circumstance.

8. Any Addictions?

No technical addiction, but I do have a fondness for the internet, coffee, chocolate, and the occasional cigarette.

9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?

Watching the evening news. I grew up watching Peter Jennings. I know all the correspondants of 60 Minutes. I wanted to be Barbara Walters when I was 12.

10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?

Probably the carnival, as I have never been to a circus and have heard sketchy things about those trapeeze artists...

11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Barbara Walters. Or a teacher.

12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year?

I really loved V for Vendetta (so much that I wrote an entire post about it). I also loved The Constant Gardener. Man, I really like those hard-hitting, in-your-face, the-world-sucks movies, don't I?

I also like Little Miss Sunshine. Which, for a moment, I thought would redeem my "happy-go-lucky" persona until I remember what it was about. Oh well.

13.Favorite alcoholic drink

I'm too young to have a favorite alcoholic drink. I'm starting to have a fondness for a vodka cranberry.

14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Look at the time and determine how much longer I can sleep before I really need to get up.

15. Siblings?

One brother. And a host of adopted siblings. I swear, I collect family members.

16. What is the best thing about your job?

The fact that I have a job without having to go to work. I would probably be a consultant for dLife forever if it wasn't for the fact it doesn't pay health insurance (hey Tom, maybe we can work on that?).

17. Have you ever gone to therapy?

Yep. Four months of it. I'm not sure if it did much good, but hey, it's been a year and a half since the last time I cut myself. So it must have done something.

18. If you could have one super power what would it be?

Telekinesis. I think it would be a really cool parlour trick to freak people out.

19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?

I own nothing from IKEA. I've never even been to an IKEA. The closest one is four hours away in Seattle. The next closest one is 11 hours away in Palo Alto. So no. I don't own any furniture from IKEA.

It's on my to-do list.

20. Have you ever gone camping?

Yes, I went camping all the time when I was growing up. It was a lot of fun and Oregon is quite possibly the best state to go camping.

21. Gas prices! First thought?

Yeah, they're coming down, but they are still too damn high.

22. Your favorite cartoon character?

Tommy Pickles from Rugrats. If he was real, I would take him home with me.

23. What was your first car?

An maroon '94 Nissan Sentra named Buffy.

It took awhile to name her too. My dad even suggested name her HAL, but I thought naming my car after a psychopathic computer that murdered the crew might not be a wise move.

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?

No.

25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?

The Simpsons. It's a running joke in my family that my dad is Homer, my mom is Marge, my brother is Bart, I'm Lisa and our annoying but adorable cat is Maggie. In our warped little family mind, it works.

26. Do you go to church?

Yes. Not as often as I should, but I do go.

27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

The obvious answer: Jesus.

The not-so-obvious answer: Natalie Portman. She's been a role model to me since I was in high school.

28. What errand/chore do you despise?

Errand: Going to the gas station. The smell of gas practically gives me a migraine, and the prices really make me want to vomit.

Chore: I really hate cleaning out the refridgerator because I get stuck seeing all the molding, rotten food. Pink mashed potatoes should never ever being the same room with a living, breathing human being.

29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?

"I really need to stop doing my homework at midnight."

30. Last time you puked from drinking?

This past New Year's Eve. I forgot to drink water with my five shots of vodka. Not pretty.

31. What is your heritage?

German, Swedish, English, Irish and Hungarian.

32. Favorite flower?

Stargazer lillies. I'm still contemplating getting a tattoo of them on my back.

33. Disney or Warner Bros?

I'm a Disney girl.

34. What is your best childhood memory?

Playing make believe with my best friend, Jenny. "Okay, now make believe that we're...."

35. Your favorite potato chip?

I'm not a huge potato chip fan. I guess I like Baked Lays of some variety. That's what I had a lunch today.

36. What is your favorite candy?

Anything with chocolate and peanut butter.

37. Do you burn or tan?

I'm from Oregon. I think that answers that question.

38. Astrological sign?

Leo. Except so not.

39. Do you own a gun?

Guns scare me. Gunshots scare me even more. I almost left the 4th of July celebration in Portland because the sound was freaking me out.

40. What do you think of hot dogs?

They try so hard to be likeable and yet they just can't win.

I almost feel sorry for them.

1 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 8:47 AM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Allison,

I, too want Samantha Brown's job! Very cool!

Reading your answers, I found myself thinking "me too" a lot.

So, I think you're very cool :)

~Kelsey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home