Lemonade Life

Saturday, January 06, 2007

On the Cusp

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. I recently moved back down to where I go to school, and guess what's not working in my studio apartment?

The Internet.

Of course.

And guess what also is broken: my desk.

And guess what isn't built yet: my armoire.

So basically I haven't unpacked anything except for my toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and pajamas.

Hopefully everything will be fixed by tomorrow, but that's basically why I haven't been online much the past couple of days and why some of you who emailed me haven't heard from me.

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the OC New Me Challenge, so get at it. We actually have quite a few people who have signed up which really exciting. I also keep getting new prizes which is even cooler. People are just so gosh darn generous. Keep an eye on that website for more details.

I'm currently back at my parent's because my younger brother just turned 17.

Honestly, how does that happen? Wasn't he 12 like yesterday?

Sigh.

It's not that I'm feeling old, it's just I feel like time moves so quickly. But at the same time, with my impending graduation and The Move to Somewhere Else, time also seems to be moving so slowly. So much has happened in recent years that it makes me nostalgic for when I was young and the world was so much smaller. Yet, there is so much going on now, with the website, the Challenge, a new book project I'm working on with a friend. And still there is so much more coming that it makes me anxious for all the new, exciting adventures that I know are just about to happen.

It's like I don't know which place I want to be. I wonder if it ever goes away.

3 Comments:

At January 07, 2007 11:41 AM , Blogger Christine said...

Man, my sister turns 18 in a few weeks. It's insane to think she'll have an saw in our next president, when I remember her eating paste.

 
At January 07, 2007 11:42 AM , Blogger Christine said...

That would be "Say" not "saw."

 
At January 08, 2007 1:17 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Allison,

That feeling of not knowing which stage of life you really want to be in, I think always stays with you. But, as multiple chapters of life unfold, you get more comfortable with the transitions. At least that's been my experience.. in my 27 years :)

I'm so excited for you... graduating, moving to a new place, starting a new job... very fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home