Lemonade Life

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Skipping Class

I skipped class this morning.

Don't give me that look.

This is week three and this is the first class I've missed! I think that's pretty darn good.

I woke up low this morning. I have no idea how low because I rarely test when I'm low. Trot over to the fridge, grab a juice box, trot back over to bed, and fall in. That's my routine when I wake up low.

I think this proves to Mr. Anonymous in the last post that I am not perfect, thankyouverymuch.

Anyway, I was already late in getting ready for the morning, and I decided since we are allowed one freebie absence that today would be the day. Besides, I hadn't done the reading.

It's hard to feel motivated right now, though I certainly don't want my last term ever to end with a string of Cs.

Last term.

I still cannot wrap my head around that concept.

But here's something slightly easier to conceptualize: I really am coming to the East Coast in March!

I mentioned my impending East Coast Lemonade Life tour back in November but haven't said a peep about it. Mostly because I didn't know if my finals for this term were going to interfere (they're not, for the record, one final on Monday and one on Tuesday - sweet!).

Here are my logistics thus far:

Fly into LaGuardia on Thursday, March 22. Chill at airport hotel because no way in heck am I going any farther than that after 10 hours of traveling to a big city by myself.

Station myself in Norwalk, CT for the weekend. OCapalooza time, baby! Yes, that's right, another OC get-together will take place that weekend. People in the Northeast should have received an email from me (only three people have written back though... makes me nervous). If you want to meet me and other D-peeps, email!

I'll be in New York City from Monday until Thursday - again, if you're in the area, holler!

Then I'll be training it to Philly Thursday night and flying out from PHL on Monday, April 2. My time in Philly is already pretty booked, but if you're in the area and want to give it a shot, shoot me an email and we'll see. Erica, I'm looking at you.

::exhale::

That's the idea at least. The fine-tuning of wherabouts will happen much later, but that's the general premise. It'll be a grand ole time.

10 Comments:

At January 23, 2007 4:49 PM , Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I got your email. I'm sorry I haven't replied yet.... I'm planning on meeting up with you guys - Norwalk isn't too far from me.

 
At January 24, 2007 7:01 AM , Blogger BetterCell said...

Hi Allison.......As a Native New Yorker, I would be happy to meet you and introduce you to NYC. I, however would need more info regarding your flight. If you are coming in during the AM or early afternoon, I can take you to Chinatown for some food.

 
At January 24, 2007 9:38 AM , Blogger Allison said...

Bettercell, I actually have been to NYC before. Twice actually, in 2001 and 2004. Because I'm flying out from Oregon, it literally takes the entire day to fly. I leave PDX at 9:00 a.m. and I don't land in New York until 7:00 p.m. I'm not sure if I'll be up for venturing out that night, but maybe we can meet up the following week?

 
At January 24, 2007 1:02 PM , Blogger BetterCell said...

......sure, just let me know how and where to get in touch w/you.

 
At January 25, 2007 10:56 AM , Blogger Erica said...

I'd LOVE to plan to get together in April - I'll send you an email :-)

btw - I finally sent my OC New Me $$, sorry for taking forever! I can't remember what i wagered so if I wagered more than I sent, let me know.

 
At January 25, 2007 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you would have gotten more emails back if you actually included EVERYONE who lives there then maybe you would have gotten more emails. Try and actually be considerate Allison. You're constantly excluding people and making people feel like shit because you act like they don't exist. You're so inconsiderate and self-obsessive. You really are a bitch.

 
At January 25, 2007 4:34 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Why hello again, Anonymous. I sent the email out to over a dozen people whom I had contact information for, based on emails I've received and the contact information provided on profiles for people listed on the Diabetes O.C. website in the Northeast category. If you live in the NYC area and I didn't email you, apologies, but I simply don't have contact information for everyone. You certainly weren't purposefully discluded from the email list because I don't like you... because honestly, I don't even know who you are since you insist on naming yourself as Anonymous.

Perhaps if you actually said you are and that you'd like to be included in these plans, I'd have an easier time. I'm not Wonder Woman. I am not a Robot. I can't do Everything. Please do not expect that of me because you will continue to be sorely disappointed.

 
At January 25, 2007 7:04 PM , Blogger George said...

Whoa Whoa WHOA Annonymous! You really should check your BG. "Hateraid" is filled with Carbs. Wow! LoL

I wish I could go and meet all of you! It sounds like a Sweet (no pun intended) trip!

 
At January 26, 2007 11:33 AM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Really now, that Hateraid is nasty stuff Anon...

Who are you? It's no good to call someone out like that and hide behind "Anonymous".

If you have some issue with Allison, have you tried to contact her and straighten it out? I'm certain it's nothing intentional.

We're all trying to support each other out here, and there's just no need to get all personal like that.

Sounds like you need a hug.

 
At January 26, 2007 4:06 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Oh. my. gosh. Get a life Anon! Seriously, what the heck? It wasn't intentional. How could it be? And if it was, I don't think she would make a public post about it if she wanted it to be exclusive.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home