Lemonade Life

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

7 point freaking 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My A1C is under 8! My A1C is under 8! *MY* A1C IS UNDER EIGHT!!!!!!

dear lord, it's a miracle.

Since I started college my A1C has been consistently in the upper 8s to low 9s. This is the first time I have seen a 7 in almost 2 years. Dear lord I didn't think I could be so happy to see at 7.8.

Now, granted, I did go low every day for 3 weeks in June, so that kind of threw things off. But you win some, you lose some. All I care is that my A1C is a level I actually want to maintain. Well, I would like it lower. Under 7.5 would be so freaking amazing. It would be like winning the lottery.

Also had my dentist appointment today. Still no cavities. Go me.

Eye doctor appointment is tomorrow. I hate the eye doctor. I hate having my eyes dilated. Ok, perhaps hate is too strong of word. Greatly dislike? Loathe immensly? Yes, yes, that's much better.

Also from the Good News Department, I've raised about $120 so far for the Walk to Cure Diabets. Yes, I know, my goal is $2,000 so I'm still very far away. But I broke the $100 barrier which means I get a Walk T-shirt! Yes! Hey, those things are cool.

Well, I gotta hit the hay. Love and happiness!

5 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 11:22 PM , Blogger Felix Kasza said...

What are your BG targets, if I may ask?

Thanks,
Felix.

 
At August 25, 2005 9:42 AM , Blogger Allison said...

My BG target is 120. I know, a 7.8 isn't the best A1C in the world compared to the ADA target for an A1C, but I'm in college and it's hard enough to survive as a non-diabetic, but throw in diabetes, and I'm surprised I even made it to the 7s.

 
At August 26, 2005 3:45 PM , Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Terrific work Allison!

Managing diabetes is so dang hard... you should be very proud.

BTW, I read your transitioning-from teen-to-adulthood article. Well done! Lots of very useful advice/info... I plan to print and save it for when Joseph hits that point in his life.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. You're doing wonderful things here -- for yourself, and others.

Sandra

 
At August 30, 2005 7:23 PM , Blogger Kerri. said...

Great job, Allison!!! I had a few years of dodgy A1cs and when I broke through the "8 and Under" barrier, celebration was unavoidable.

Enjoy this feeling, kid. You've earned it.

 
At August 31, 2005 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Allison! I'm glad to hear a young person excited to be making progress with their A1C. I know mine weren't all that great in college! I just had mine done (the first in a little while) and it was 7.3 I was pleased with that because I've just began to REALLY concentrate on my diabetes. A lot of folks (all non-diabetics) have told me "oh, that's high!" Gotta love the encouragement! Every bit of progress can be a source of inspiration for us, right?! Congrats again! ~Kelsey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home