Lemonade Life

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hodgepodge

Number One: I shipped the first three boxes via UPS today. I got lost finding the place. Actually, I didn't really get lost as I knew exactly where I was, it's that I had no idea where I was supposed to be going. Then I discovered the UPS store I was going to was the "pick-up" only location (I had gone there to pick up pump supplies) so I had to turn around and go back home to look up a location I could ship from. Quite annoying. Total for 3 boxes: $47. I took the fourth box home and I am determined to shove the contents into my suitcase, even if that means breaking a zipper.

Number Two: One week!

Number Three: I'm currently working on a new wordpress version of my blog. I am really liking the new format a lot better than this one, and I'm hoping to reveal it later next week. Oooo, anticipation and excitement! You know it.

Number Four: I hate moving more than anything in this world. So here's a meme instead:

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I need to get my skin clearer before I start work. I look like I'm in high school.

2. How much cash do you have on you? I have probably $2 in change, but no cash.

3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR? Gore.

4. Favorite planet? Pluto and it *is* a planet no matter what those silly scientists says!

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? I don't actually have a missed call list. I have a Received Call list that checks the people I actually answered. The fourth number on the list that does not have a check by it is my mother's work number.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Right now I have the beginning to "Layla" by Eric Clapton, but I also like "Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen" by Anberlin.

7. What shirt are you wearing? A blue t-shirt from American Eagle. It's the blue t-shirt from my photo shoot on Flickr and Facebook.

8. Do you label yourself? Only when necessary.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing: Del Sol. They are flip-flops with straps that change color in the sun.

10. Bright or Dark Room? Normal light?

11. Why is there always a missing question? Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. And they can't count.

12. What does your watch look like? It's a small, pager-like box with a clear tube coming out of one end... Oh yeah, it's not a watch. It's an insulin pump.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Working on my new blog and watching The Nanny.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? It's been such a long time since I got a text it's not longer on my phone.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? I know there is one by campus, and that's about 3 miles away.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? "Awesome." It's terrible. I need to expand my vocabulary desperately.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My mom

18. Last furry thing you touched? My cat, Emma.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Just one - insulin.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? You develop film? I don't understand the question...

21. Favorite age you have been so far? Seventeen was a pretty good year. I can't think of much that went wrong my senior year in high school.

22. Your worst enemy? I don't have one. I certainly wouldn't say diabetes because I think of an enemy as someone or something that has a personal vendetta against you. I don't think diabetes hates me. It's a disease, it's not doing this because it doesn't like me.

23. What is your current desktop picture? The Pacific from the cliffs of Mendocino, CA.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? I think I said something like "Thanks" when I was at Taco Bell.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, what would it be? Million dollars. You can invest it and then buy an airplane, thus having money and the ability to fly.

26. Do you like someone? As in a boy? A special someone? No, I don't.

27. The last song you listened to? A song by Rhianna. I don't remember the name. Not "Umbrella" and not "Pon de Replay." The other other single.

28. What time of day were you born? 10:48 p.m.

29. What's your favorite number? 7.

30. Where did you live in 1987? With my parents, I think we had just moved from the Brown House in Beaverton to our current house in the Quaint Little Suburb of Portland.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? I envy certain aspects of different people's lives (especially the ones with boyfriends or fiances... I am alone... oh so alone...), but there isn't someone who I would love to be or anything.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? Of course. Look at me. I'm like so totally awesome and wonderful. Gah. I certainly hope no one is jealous of me. What a waste of time...

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? When the planes hit the towers, I was asleep. I'm on the West Coast, so I believe it was between 5 and 6 a.m. PST when it happened... I heard about it on the radio when I woke up. The first tower was already down when I went into my parents room to find out why Brian Williams was on Z100. I watched the second tower fall in our family room.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? I walk away, pissed.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? I try to be. I know I'm not always, but it's a goal.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Ankle or the small of my back. Something I could hide easily or at least wouldn't be too noticeable.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? I took 7 years of French and can barely speak a word of it, so it would be nice to learn that again. I would also like to learn Italian and Hebrew.

38. Would you move for the person you loved? Yes.

39. Are you touchy-feely? I used to be, but now I'm very sensitive about who touches me. Hugs are good, but people who touch my arms, shoulders, hair or back make me nervous for some reason. Especially men.

40. What's your life motto? I have a few. First, the obvious, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." I also like "Living well is the best revenge" and "Tis better to light one small candle than to forever curse the darkness."

41. Name three things you have on you at all times: Clothes of some kind. That's really about it. There isn't anything I wear always.

42. What's your favorite town/city? Can I pick three? New York City, Paris, and San Francisco. Though not necessarily in that order.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Coffee yesterday, I think. Not sure.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I sent out handwritten notecards to everyone who received a graduation announcement.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope. I get it done by professionals. Knowing me, I'd blow the car up or something.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? I don't even know if I have had a first love. I think they were mostly just crushes that broke my heart. I have never had a boyfriend. Though out of my crushes, one disappeared completely, one is going to college in Portland, and three are engaged.

47. How far back do you know your ancestry? I can go back five generations, which I believe is my great-great-great-grandfather Josef Balacz.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I wore a black shirt with lace trim, dark jeans and black heels that don't fit me. It was to the OCapalooza dinner in Manhattan.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My back, but it always hurts. I have a crummy bed.

50. Have you ever been burned by love? Of course. It's why I hate college.

51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers? Super George! Oh c'mon, look at him! You know you have a crush on him too. I bet even Scott has a crush on him! Hehe. I'm kidding, of course... Or am I? (No, I really am kidding.)

52. Where would you like to live? I would love to live overseas for awhile. Maybe London, or even Israel with my cousin Lauren. I think that would be really interesting.

3 Comments:

At June 07, 2007 7:32 PM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Ooooh, I lurve Super George. He makes me all weak in the knees. Oh wait a minute... that's a low BG.

G-Money is still pretty cool though.

 
At June 07, 2007 7:46 PM , Blogger George said...

to Allson - awwwwwwwwwwwww!

to Scott - ewwwwwwwwwwww!

:) Just kidding, you both know I love you both!

 
At June 08, 2007 9:50 AM , Blogger Nicole P said...

OK, you guys made me snort TAB up my nose. Vile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home