Lemonade Life

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Technicality Question

As you know, I am moving to the East Coast next week.

(And if you didn't know, this is obviously the first post you've ever read here.)

I have been writing a couple new biographies, trying to explain that I am from the West Coast (Oregon) and moving to the East Coast (New Jersey), but I keep stumbling across this issue of how to phrase where I am from.

Am I an East Coast transplant or a West Coast transplant?

I am so confused. It makes sense to me either way so I don't know what to put. Do you refer to the place that you are going to or where you are from?

Sigh.

Please, somebody tell me the proper way to write this!

Thanks in advance.

7 Comments:

At June 06, 2007 8:47 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Ok we are thinking you are a West Coast Transplant. But you might still want to take a poll. =)

 
At June 06, 2007 9:36 PM , Blogger asskeeper said...

Allison,
I would assume you are a West coast Transplant. You have been moved from the West coast to the East coast. I am just quessing here. I promise the average to you soon.
Wendyp

 
At June 07, 2007 3:12 AM , Blogger No Sharp Edges said...

I think you're probably a West Coast Transplant, but if you wanted to be really clear about it, maybe you could say something like "recently transplanted from the West Coast"?

 
At June 07, 2007 4:44 AM , Blogger Scott S said...

Why not say something like "originally from Oregon, now living on the East Coast" or something like that. It works without apologies for whether are are a transplantee, where you are from or where you have been transplanted to.

 
At June 07, 2007 6:28 AM , Blogger Bernard said...

Allison

About 20 years ago I moved from Ireland to Massachusetts.

At this stage I consider myself an Irish native living in Massachusetts. I'm a US citizen with a CIA (Chinese Irish American) family, but a good deal of my heart will always be in Ireland.

 
At June 07, 2007 10:05 AM , Blogger Major Bedhead said...

You're a West Coast transplant, but I'd say "a transplant from the West Coast," just to be crystal clear.

 
At June 07, 2007 1:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'd go with something like, "a transplant from the west coast" or "a transplant to the east coast", just to avoid confusion. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home