Lemonade Life

Monday, September 26, 2005

Symlin and School

I'm convinced that Symlin is like insulin. It takes forever to figure out what dose you should be on, and when you do figure it out, you wonder how it took you so longer to figure it out in the first place.

Today was night 4 of Symlin. 2 nights I went skyrocketing to the 300s before mellowing out in the 100s (without high-bolusing, mind you). One night I was great, then went low. And tonight, I was great, and now I'm going high.

I've gone from 2.5 units to 5 units. I may attempt square bolusing tomorrow night. Side effects haven't been to bad, actually. A bit of nausea the first couple of nights, but there wasn't any tonight.

Today was also the first day of school, and with the first day of school comes all the lows. I always go low a ridiculous amount my first week back because my schedule is so different.

Here's the run-down:

  • Volunteering at the elementary school: playing with 5-year-olds is fun. I think it helps you de-stress when you have a bunch of little kids who think rainbows are cool and eating graham crackers is a highlight of the day.
  • econ: I hate econ, but the prof seems decent enough.
  • ballet: teacher is a sweetie. But we didn't do anything besides going over the syllabus. I need to buy a new skirt! I have a feeling I'll be wearing a leotard and tights under my clothing 4 days out of the week for the next 10 weeks. oh joy.
  • planning, public policy & management: haha, prof reminds me of my 10th grade chem teacher who would make a pun out of everything. Not that this guy makes a lot of pun jokes, but he is funny. 2 hour class might kill me, but at least I'll die laughing.
  • prin. of pr: My friend peter makes us all feel bad about being pr majors. Luckily, blond girl 2 rows back reminds us that we *can* be ethical. so ha.

    Tomorrow: English! yay! mrs. dalloway! chekov! the sun also rises! I'm a writer, I live for this stuff.

  • 2 Comments:

    At November 15, 2005 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What did you think of Mrs. Dalloway ? Did you find it readable ?

     
    At November 15, 2005 11:26 PM , Blogger Allison said...

    I liked Mrs. Dalloway. I don't think I would read copious amounts of stream-of-conciousness writing, but Virginia Woolf knows how to make it interesting. I enjoyed it.

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home