Lemonade Life

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I am one busy girl.

I have become so busy that I had to resort to getting a mcdonalds happy meal for dinner. I went through the drive-thru. I never go through the drive-thru.

My days are just insane now. And it's kind of nice. Gives me a nice, warm, fuzzy productive feeling. Mondays and Wednesdays are insane. I wake up around 7 (between 6:45-7:15 depending on when I go to bed the night before). I have to be at edison elementary by 7:55 and I volunteer in lisa's kindergarten class for 3 hours. Twenty-four 5-year-olds for 3 hours. That'll wake you up. I'm there until 11 o'clock. Then i go home and eat lunch. Then at 11:45 i walk to class. i have class from 12-5:20 straight. Econ, ballet, public policy and public relations. On monday, i then have "free time" to do homework before going to work at 8. I'm at work until 11. On wednesdays, I go to my college ministry (Campus CRUsade for Christ) at 6:00 and I'm there until at least 9, if not later.

Tuesdays, I have one class from 10-11:20 and ballet from 12-1pm. Tuesday nights at 7:30 is bible study. Thursday nights, I have Cru's weekly meeting meeting from 5:30-7:00, and work from 8-11. Fridays, 10-11 class, 12-1pm class, work from 2:00-4:30. saturdays are pretty much off, and Sundays I have church, Cru leadership meeting, and work from 8-11.

And now we've begun full-on design and content-building of the new Teen Talk, henceforth known as DiabetesTeenTalk. I've also agreed to do some web design and content-building for Cru's website as well.

Breathe.

I've begun taking a daily multi-vitamin because I'm afraid this schedule might kill me. I don't know why I agreed to sign up for so much stuff. It's nice, because I feel like I'm being a productive member of society and can somehow live up to other people's standards and not feel like such a loser who doesn't do anything.

In other news, my blood sugars are doing pretty good... the Symlin seems to finally be taking some desirable effect, though it's still in the beginning stages. Because of Symlin and it's immediate effect on blood sugar, I've been testing an hour and two hours each time I take Symlin, sometimes even when I don't take Symlin, just to see what my blood sugar is. Honestly, I think I should just get hooked up to a CGMS because I've gone through almost entire bottle of test strips in two days.

My uncle, who works for Symlin, is in DC giving a speech about the future of diabetes research to the Congressional Diabetes Caucus. I'll let you know more about what happened where I hear from.

Well, it's 11pm... time to do the dishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home