Lemonade Life

Thursday, September 29, 2005

NEW ARTICLE: Interviewees Wanted!!!

Here's the low-down on my new article for Diabetes Talkfest:

I am doing a PROFILE SERIES for Diabetes Talkfest, which means I will be doing several interviews with people who come from a particular "group" of diabetics. I'll be interviewing a man and a woman for all categories.

EDIT (9/29): People with Type 1 diabetes who were diagnosed over the age of 25.

Please send me:
- Name
- Age
- Diagnosis date
- Where you are from/What you do
- Current treatment
- Three fun facts about you
- What you would like people to know about living with diabetes.

If you are interested in being interviewed and would like to share your story with the diabetes community, this is an *excellent* way of reaching out to others and sharing your voice on a variety of topics. Please don't hesitate to comment or email me if you have any questions. If you expressed interest in being in the last article, now is a great opportunity! I'll be accepting emails of interest until Saturday, October 15th.

EMAIL ADDRESS: AMBlass@aol.com.

If you are not a Type 1 diagnosed over the age of 25- never fear! There will be more interviews later in the Profile series.

Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon!

3 Comments:

At September 30, 2005 9:19 AM , Blogger Scott S said...

Hi Allison,

- Name: Scott Strumello
- Age: 35
- Diagnosis date: 1976 (age 7)
- Where you are from: I reside in Queens, NYC
- What you do: work in consulting for the payments industry
- Current treatment: I was pumping for a few years and developed lipodystrophy issues that wreaked havoc with insulin absorption, creating metabolic instablity. Currently on a regimen of Novolog and NPH over night.
- Three fun facts about you
- What you would like people to know about living with diabetes.

1. If you think it stinks living with diabetes now, you should have seen in back in 1976. We didn't even have home blood testing then so we got to do urine tests (yipee!). Needless to say, the phlebotomist visited me 6 times daily in the hospital until for like 2 weeks.
2. Don't wait for cures, make them happen yourself, because the only person looking out for your best interests is YOU. Donate to causes you believe in and raise money for them.
3. Don't let politicians dictate whether finding a cure should be made illegal. Get to know your Congressional representatives and make sure they are members of the Diabetes Caucus.

 
At September 30, 2005 12:08 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Hi Scott-

Actually, right now I'm doing profiles of people diagnosed over the age of 25 (not under). However, later on in the year, or perhaps beginning of next year, I'll be doing a section on people diagnosed over 25 years ago (which is you). So I'll save your info in that folder and I'll let you know. Thanks for you interest!

 
At October 07, 2005 10:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

DOH! I was diagnosed at 22. Let me know if you lower the age. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home