Lemonade Life

Friday, June 08, 2007

Dr. Bernstein, Meet Your Worst Nightmare

Me: I think I'm high.
Me: I think forgot to bolus for some chips...
Me: And I was high before I even went to the bbq
Christine: yesterday i bolused for a sandwich and forgot to eat it
Christine: go me!
Me: fuck.
Me: I think my body is ignoring insulin right now.
Christine: what are you?
Me: you don't want to know.
Christine: great
Christine: bad site?
Me: No I just put a new one in.
Me: I think it might be the insulin and/or air bubbles.
Me: I am a number that should not be repeated out loud.
Christine: lol
Christine: over 400?
Me: yep
Me: second time today!
Me: go me!
Christine: good grief girl!
Christine: start a new bottle
Me: I think Dr. Bernstein would probably just take me out back to a shed and get it over with.

Later that night....

Me: OMG
Me: You know how it says on the meter to "check code" each time you turn it on?
Christine: yeah
Me: Guess who should have been doing that all week!!!!
Me: AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christine: uh oh
Christine: you really weren't 446!

Even later...

Me: I think I'm going low too
Mes: haha. 55 mg/dl.
Me: Wonderful.
Christine: wow
Me: My day keeps getting better...
Christine: that was quite the drop
Christine: want some goldfish?
Me: I probably wasn't really 447.
Me: And I took a ton of insulin.
Christine: yep
Christine: now you need to post a renig on your blog
Christine: after you juice up
Me: what do you mean?
Christine: you said on your blog you were 447
Christine: but....you weren't
Me: oh...
Me: true.
Christine: bernstein won't hate you anymore
Me: ha
Christine: you're right in his target range
Me: he'll just think i'm an idiot.
Christine: but a well controlled one

Today's Lesson: Always always check your test strip code!

2 Comments:

At June 09, 2007 10:36 AM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

LOL! You two are too funny!

"right in Bernstein's target range" @ 55 mg/dl! LOL!!

 
At June 09, 2007 11:07 AM , Blogger Scott S said...

I learned that the hard way once ... wrong calibration code ... I bolused a correction I didn't need as a result and was wondering why I had dropped soooo much in such a short time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home